Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are not your traditional flat dry criss-cross peanut butter cookie, if that's what you are after then pass this by, these are one of the best cookie recipes! :)
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half or 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening and brown sugar.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: if you prefer larger cookies, just use a tablespoonful of batter, and bake a little longer.
yup very good....crisco recipe with chips added. I don't add the chips.
I tried this recipe for my husband, he said they were good, but he likes softbatch.
Excellent cookies. I made them as written using creamy peanut butter. They were super easy to make and taste great. Thanks for sharing.