Big Grandma's Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Skippy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour (1/4 cup more if needed)
- Cream together the sugars, Crisco, peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add gradually until blended well.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls.
- Roll cookie dough balls into sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets- do not mash with fork in normal "peanut butter cookie" fashion!
- Bake at 350° oven for 11-13 minutes.
Join The Conversation
I used butter instead of crisco. Instead of 1 cup each of brown sugar and granulated sugar, I used 1 1/2C brown sugar and 1/2C granulated. I added an extra half cup of peanut butter (for a person who really wants that peanut butter taste and isn't usually satisfied, adding extra helps a lot). I used 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder. I used 2 tsp. Vanilla. I always use temperature eggs in my cookie recipes. Lastly, for fun, I added 2 cups of crushed Butterfingers. They come like that in the section at the store where you get chocolate chips, but you can accomplish the same thing by just crushing the candy bars. These cookies are moist, chewy, very peanutty and ultra yummy! They're a very big hit.