Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
photo by Feisty Redhead
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, scant
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, brown and granulated sugars.
- Add the peanut butter and egg; beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir with whisk to combine.
- Gradually stir into butter mixture, stirring well after each addition to blend.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Flatten each ball with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are absolutely PERFECT! I doubled the recipe and made these to take to Christmas dinner with friends and family, and they were devoured. There were none left over by the end of the night. Very easy to make and they have the perfect texture. These are just like the ones my mom used to make but the recipe was lost long ago. Thanks for sharing the fantastic recipe - it's been added to my collection of very favorite recipes!