Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookies
This is from Betty Crocker's website and it makes really good cookies and can be doubled easily. *According to their website: 110 calories per serving/cookie* *Cooking time does not include 2 hour chill time*
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar (water works well too).
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Note: about 1 minute before they are done it helps to lift and bang the sheet on the rack and turn it.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Other note: you can use all butter/margarine to replace the shortening and probably would work vice versa as well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I am looking for the double peanut butter cookies from Betty Crocker COOKIE & CANDIES Receipe Cookbook "Teen Winner Section". This is close to the same except it uses Crisco and rolls into logs, chills, then slices thin and spreads peanut butter between 2 slices, then bakes. This recipe seems close to the ingredients but I want to make sure the ingredients are the same
Once again, a back to basics recipe proves to be the best. I found these to be the perfect peanut butter cookies. Unlike other reviewers, I used all shortening (Crisco butter-flavored) but followed recipe to the T, even banging the sheets on the rack! A nicely crisp, perfectly round cookie, and not flat as one reviewer experienced. Thanks, tomsawyer--my search for the perfect p/b cookie ends here.