Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe on the web and modified it to include fat-free or low fat ingredients, when possible. It is absolutely the best nacho dip ever. I think it's the cocktail sauce that makes all the difference. Try to allow at least 2 hours "cure" time in the fridge. An overnight stay is even better!
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- Thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayo.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of a serving dish or plastic container with lid.
- Layer the remaining ingredients, in order, over your base layer.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve alone or with nacho chips.
I've made or eaten just about every nacho thing out there. This is definitely up there with the best of the best. Different and Delicious. Made this for a huge Labor Day Bash. There was so much food there. What do you think was the first thing gone? That's right. Your nacho recipe. I even quadrupled the recipe. Yum, Yum.
This truly IS the best dip ever! I made it on two different occasions and both times it was gone before I could even try it. The third time, I made a little "side dish" to sample for myself...awesome!! I didn't use low fat ingredients, lets face it, we need to treat ourselves sometimes, nor did I top my "side dish" with shredded cheese as I am lactose intolerant...still it was incredible. I get requests to make it for social gatherings. Thanks for this crowd pleaser!!