Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
OMG! I can't make a southern meal without this cornbread to go with.
- 2 (453.59 g) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 226.79 g can creamed corn
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 158.51 ml milk
- Mix cornbread as directed on package.
- Add in corn and cheese.
- Bake 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Awesome!! Made a few changes that in my opinion made it even better!
1. I used half&half instead of milk.
2.I sprayed my metal pan with a generous amt of cannola cooking spray and put it in the oven for a few minutes prior to adding the batter. This really makes the bottoms beautifully brown.
3. I added 2 tsp sugar to the mix.
4.I added about 3/4 of a small can of chopped chiles to the batter.
I added a little honey, thinly sliced green onions & some melted butter... SUPERB!!! :)
I baked this in a 9x13 pan and we added Pepper Jack cheese, which gave it a little kick-and I added a little more than 1 cup:-) This was my first time adding corn to the Jiffy mix, we weren't fans of it, but it was still yummy! Simple and quick!