Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
OMG! I can't make a southern meal without this cornbread to go with.
- 2 (453.59 g) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 226.79 g can creamed corn
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 158.51 ml milk
- Mix cornbread as directed on package.
- Add in corn and cheese.
- Bake 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Awesome!! Made a few changes that in my opinion made it even better!
1. I used half&half instead of milk.
2.I sprayed my metal pan with a generous amt of cannola cooking spray and put it in the oven for a few minutes prior to adding the batter. This really makes the bottoms beautifully brown.
3. I added 2 tsp sugar to the mix.
4.I added about 3/4 of a small can of chopped chiles to the batter.
This recipe was originated by the owner. It astounds me when people rate an original recipe that they doctored up, i.e., "add to it" or take away from it." When you do this, this is no longer the original recipe ingredients. It is now another recipe. How can you give a recipe 4 or 5 stars when you changed the recipe? You rate a recipe according to what the original recipe ingredients entails.
Amazing classic cornbread recipe! Moist and yummy!