Ultimate Jiffy Southern Cornbread * SWEET & MOIST *
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey, more for drizzling after baked
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into greased/floured 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Drizzle top of bread with honey (about 3-4 T) if desired once bread is out of the oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a WAHM of 2. I paint and sell my original shabby and primitive signs in my online stores called the Shabby Sign Shoppe. Keeps me busy and helps keep the roof over our heads, but takes away from two favorite pastimes--cooking and working in the yard.</p> <p>To be in the kitchen uninterrupted is my form of relaxation and I try to get in there and cook at least 2-3 good meals a week. I'm trying to get healthier with cooking, but it is so hard with all these amazing Food.com recipes shouting Make Me, Make Me. I discovered Recipezaar in 2002. I tell EVERYONE about it and it's definately my go-to recipe site. Other sites pale in comparison.</p> <p>Whenever I search for a recipe, Recipezaar never lets me down. I typically ONLY try 5 star recipes, but sometimes will try unrated ones if I am feeling frisky and the recipe is from a chef I'm familar with. Kittencal, MizzNezz and Wildflour are 3 of my favorites.</p> <p>Diehard foodies tend to annoy. I should know because I used to be one! Culinary school will do that to you, but it's just not living in the real world.</p>