Best Cornbread Ever
photo by Kristine at Food.com
- Ready In:
1 pan (9x13)
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 pinch sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well -- it will be thicker than you expect.
- Pour into buttered 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- This cornbread is very moist and dense.
- For a little variation, add one or more of the following: a can of chopped green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes for best flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 81 more reviews
I used this recipe as a regular cornbread (omitting the corn- I love it that way, but didn't have any on hand). It was by far the best cornbread I've made. And so easy! I used sour cream instead of cottage cheese (it's what I had). I backed it in my oval stone dish for 35 minutes and it came out perfect. A nice golden crust on the outside & soft inside. My sons & nephew claimed it the best cornbread they ever ate & to only make it this way from now on. I might add a bit more sugar next time just because I like things sweet, but it tasted awesome the way it was too.
LOVED IT! I omitted the onion and used sour cream instead of cottage cheese. I also used frozen petite corn. Maybe next time I'll try it with the green chilies and/or cheddar cheese...or maybe I won't ('cause it was just so darn good as is). I also like that I don't have to worry about over-mixing. Thanks Zookeenee!
see 1 more tweaks
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I have 3 kids and own a toy company - www.marveloustoys.com I love to cook and even threw an Iron Chef themed party!