Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A cake I have made for years, it always bakes out moist and delicious, I also like to add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon into the dry mix :)
Top Review by Redsie
Yup - it's the best chocolate snack cake!! Cut down a bit on the brown sugar and used low-fat milk. Didn't add any walnuts. Brought this to the office and was gone within an hour - so I guess it means it is The BEST Chocolate Snack Cake! Thanks Kit! :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven to second-lowest rack.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl mix together the first 6 dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk the water or milk with oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer/spread into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts over batter, swirl with a knife to mix into batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.