Recipe by Brittney_B
These are THE best cookies ever made! They are soft and chewy, and filled with melt in your mouth choc chips. The ground oats give them a subtle oatmeal flavour and delicious texture. I invented the recipe trying to duplicate Mrs Field's cookie and these cookies are definitely as good.. dare i say BETTER, than Mrs Fields. Watch them disappear in seconds!!
Top Review by Chef Crystal Cooks
We all just loved these! I added in some macadamia nuts for added crunch and taste, and the kids went crazy over them. I had to slap my DH's hand to keep him out of the container until company arrived!
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 100 g milk chocolate chips
- 100 g white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C Place the oats in a food processor and process into a powder. Place into a medium bowl and stir in the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and the sugars together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, then add the egg and beat. Stir in the vanilla.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips (you should have a soft sticky mixture not a dough).
- Scoop golf ball sized portions of the cookie mix spaced 2 inches apart onto lined baking trays. Bake for 9-12 minutes, no more (cookies will continue to cook when taken out of oven). Let cool on trays for 7 minutes and then place on racks to cool completely.