Recipe by Kitty 2
This is the very best recipe for ribs that I have ever had. The sauce is a very wonderful compliment to these tender, fall off the bone ribs. Everyone that has them wants the recipe. Don't let all the ingredients fool you. It is very easy to make. These are sure to be a big hit!
- 4 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce (I use an oriental style Sweet Chili Sauce by the brand Maggi but Heinz or similar chili sauce will d)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan on a rack (if you have one, you don't have to use rack)
- Combine garlic powder, seasoning salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over the ribs. Top with sliced onions. Cover tightly and bake at 350 for 2 1/2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and this is your sauce.
- Remove ribs from pan, remove onions and discard, and drain fat. Put ribs back in pan and brush ribs liberally with sauce. Cover and bake 25 minutes longer. Uncover and cook 5 more minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.
- You can reduce the amount of ribs if you are cooking for a smaller group. I usually use 2 racks to serve 4.