Found this recipe in a Meijers grocery store. We make it monthly for ourselves and whenever we have Vegan guests.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1 cup peeled thinly sliced carrot
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1) Heat oil in large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; saute 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2) Add coconut milk and fish sauce, brown sugar and 2 cups water to pot; bring to a simmer.
- 3) Add potatoes and carrots; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until vegetables just begin to soften, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 4) Add zucchini and snow peas; simmer 8 minutes. If the stew is too thick add water to thin. Stir in lime juice and sprinkle with basil.
- 5) Serve hot over jasmine rice.