From Cooking Thin, courtesy Kathleen Daelemans.
Make and share this Thai Steak Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (up to 1/2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, grated (up to 1 jalapeno)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 6 -8 pita bread, wraps warm
- In a plastic re-sealable bag, combine black pepper, salt, paprika, cumin, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, allspice, 2 teaspoons of ginger, and the chopped parsley. Add flank steak and coat evenly. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 to 12 hours.
- Grill(or broil) for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small glass bowl, combine sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add remaining ginger and jalapeno. In a wok pan or heavy skillet, combine dressing and scallions.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrot and toss until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro.
- Combine sliced flank steak and cabbage slaw and serve on warm pita wraps.