Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes With Basil and Whitefish
from Kathleen Daelemans' "Cooking Thin"
- Ready In:
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 -15 garlic cloves, peeled
- coarse salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn into halves and thirds
- 1 - 1 1⁄4 lb white fleshed fish filets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 9 by 13-inch baking pan, combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 the basil.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, gently stir.
- Nestle fish in pan with tomatoes, place back in oven and continue roasting 7 to 10 minutes more or until fish is no longer translucent and tomatoes are just beginning to burst. Remove from oven.
- Divide fish among serving plates. Add remaining basil to tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon over fish in equal portions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is definitely a five star recipe as it became a staple at my house. Flavors are strong, garlicky and amazing! I used basil, as well as parsley, when I didn?t have fresh basil and used cod when whitefish was not in season. Highly recommend this recipe. Tip: smash bigger garlic cloves for a stronger garlic flavor. Made this again for dinner tonight and my house smells sooo garlicky and yummy! Thank you for posting this awesome recipe!Reply
see 9 more