1/1 Photo of Thai Shrimp and Fresh Vegetable Rice
This combination is really great! We loved it! Too spicy to put on menu or to serve our residents. Found this in BH&G Magazine, October 2007 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh shrimp (medium size) or 1 lb frozen shrimp, peeled & deveined (medium size)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (not the bottled stuff, please!)
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce (we use low-sodium Tamari)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped* (less if you choose)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb asparagus spear, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- 2Rinse shrimp; pat dry.
- 3Place shrimp in medium bowl.
- 4For marinade, combine lime juice, soy sauce, jalapeño pepper, ginger, and garlic.
- 5Pour over shrimp; toss to coat.
- 6Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Drain shrimp well, reserving marinade.
- 8Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. (Add more oil if necessary during cooking.)
- 9Stir-fry shrimp in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 10Remove from wok; cover and keep warm.
- 11Add asparagus and pepper strips to wok; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 12Add reserved marinade to wok and bring just to boiling.
- 13Stir in cooked rice and peanuts.
- 14To serve, transfer rice mixture to individual bowls, dinner plates, or for a neat idea, Chinese take-out containers.
- 15Spoon shrimp on top with a sprinkling of parsley.
- 17*Because chili peppers, such as jalapeños, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp and Fresh Vegetable Rice
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 838.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 24.4 g