Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These can be served as a starter or a main course. I served them last night as one of 3 dishes for my family, it also makes great party food. As I was only making this for 3 people I only made 5 patties, I have adjusted the recipe below for what I think should make 8 patties. Enjoy!!!!
- olive oil
- 500 g ground lamb
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped finely (depends on the size of the onions the one's I get from the grocery store are quite long and fat, whe)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs available at most Asian grocery stores. I prefer them ever since I found them a)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, paste, lime juice, coriander, coconut milk and breadcrumbs in a bowl. (If using panko i reserve just enough flakes to pat on outside of patties just before cooking.) mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- With damp hands shape mixture into patties, refrigerate for about 10 Min's or until patties are firm. Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan, (if using panko this is where I add remaining flakes to the outside of patties) shallow-fry patties until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve with chili sauce.
- Chili sauce.
- Combine all the chili sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over heat until sugar dissolves, pour into small serving bowl and serve.