Recipe by Pam #5
This has wonderful Thai creamy flavour. Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you. It's very easy to make and the veggies can be substituted for whatever you have on hand.
Top Review by Jodi D.
This soup is delicious!! I used extra curry paste to make it more spicy. I always thought that this soup would be hard to make but it was quite simple and very, very tasty!! I was missing quite a few of the ingredients and it still worked out.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 red onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 cup kale or 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 (450 ml) cans coconut milk
- 900 ml chicken broth or 900 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish oil