Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this to satisfy my need for spicy snack foods and side dishes! My daughter really likes this and she usually doesn't go for spicy stuff! This is going to be a regular at my house!
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- vegetable oil
- Cut washed, unpeeled potatoes into french-fry shaped pieces.
- Mix together peanut oil, lime juice, fish sauce, peanut butter, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, coriander powder, cumin, and onion powder in a large ziplock bag or mixing bowl.
- Add cut potatoes and mix around, making sure potatoes are evenly coated.
- Allow to marinate in this mixture for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil (this makes for easy clean-up later!); pour small amount of vegetable oil on foil and wipe around with paper towel.
- Spread potatoes in single layer on foil, without potatoes touching, if you can.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning potatoes once or twice during cooking.
Lots of great flavor! Mine turned out crispy (just bake it longer!)
The only reason this gets 4 stars instead of 5 is b/c the fries wern't as crispy as I like them, BUT they tasted wonderful!!! My fiancee loves spicy stuff so I added a little more cayenne pepper...which in the end kinda overpowered all the other flavors. SO thats my own fault... I didn't have any peanut oil on hand, so I substituted Sesame Seed Oil, and I was out of Lime juice(had Coronas the other night), so I used Lemon Juice. It tasted great though, just like those potato wedges you get at restaurants. I will definitly do this recipe again...very Yummy
These we very delicious. 100% recommend them. Thank you for sharing.