Recipe by Sue Lau
I came up with this to satisfy my need for spicy snack foods and side dishes! My daughter really likes this and she usually doesn't go for spicy stuff! This is going to be a regular at my house!
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut washed, unpeeled potatoes into french-fry shaped pieces.
- Mix together peanut oil, lime juice, fish sauce, peanut butter, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, coriander powder, cumin, and onion powder in a large ziplock bag or mixing bowl.
- Add cut potatoes and mix around, making sure potatoes are evenly coated.
- Allow to marinate in this mixture for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil (this makes for easy clean-up later!); pour small amount of vegetable oil on foil and wipe around with paper towel.
- Spread potatoes in single layer on foil, without potatoes touching, if you can.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning potatoes once or twice during cooking.