Norwegian Open Faced Sandwiches
photo by Maryland Jim
- Ready In:
- Butter each slice of bread with half the butter.
- Spread half the mustard on top of each buttered slice of bread.
- Lay a slice of meat on top of the 2 slices of bread.
- Lay half the cheese on top of the meat.
- Serve with the Pickles and olives on the side.
- This makes 2 topless sandwiches which is what 'open faced' means.
- Can be sliced in half if bread is too large or eaten with a knife and fork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delish! I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I used "American Air Bread" for my sandwich, but it was all I had (it was whole wheat though at least!) To add a little structure to it, I toasted the bread first. Used Black Forest ham and spicy brown mustard. Excellent with the pickle and olive accompaniments. Thanks for sharing!