Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a must usually when I visit Thailand, and I could eat this everyday when I am there. Finally managed to find a authentic recipe for this dish from www.10thaidish.athailand.com and i am sharing it. :)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 7 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthways into 1/2 inch or 1cm thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup basil, minced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons white soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat the oil in a Chinese pan, add garlic. When it is fragrant and slightly brown, add the chicken.
- Mix well over the heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Break in the eggs and stir mix very well.
- Then stir in the rice and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
- Cook for 2 minutes and serve immediately with cucumber slices and whole spring onions.
- A twist of lime would make it even better.