Recipe by mersaydees
From Thai Cooking Made Easy by Wei-Chuan Cooking School. I just love this simple recipe and hope that you do, too. The Peanut Sauce may also be used as a dipping sauce for other purposes; here, it goes great with chicken salad.
Top Review by Tisme
This made for a lovely dinner on a very warm Australian night.
I made nearly almost to the origninal recipe, my problem being I could not fine tamarind so I used lemon juice instead, which worked well although it did tend to seperate and so I had to blitz it a bit to get it back to a normal sauce (the blitzing worked well)
But in the end it worked well, and was enjoyed by all.
- 1 teaspoon masaman curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- 1⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast (115g)
- 1 egg, hard-boiled and cut in pieces
- 4 leaves lettuce, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Peanut Sauce:.
- Add all Peanut Sauce ingredients to heavy duty sauce pan and bring to the boil. Stir 15 minutes on medium heat until reduced to 1 ½ cups. Set aside to cool while you prepare the salad.
- Add enough water to medium-sized saucepan to cover chicken and bring to the boil. Add chicken and cook fro 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cool, shred.
- Compose chicken shreds, egg, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomato and shredded onion on plate.
- Drizzle over the peanut sauce and serve.