Recipe by Pinay0618
Recipe is from Food and Wine. Update: This soup has a really nice flavor, but after making it we all agreed it needs some vegetables added. Baby spinach stirred in at the very end would be nice, or some fresh bean sprouts served at the table to stir in.
- 22.18 ml cooking oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 946.0 ml canned low sodium chicken broth or 946.0 ml homemade stock
- 473.18 ml canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 24.64 ml asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam) or 24.64 ml soy sauce
- 8.62 ml salt
- lime zest, 2 3-inch strips
- 226.79 g egg fettuccine
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3)
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 44.37 ml chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat the cooking oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, coriander, ginger, black pepper, and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, salt, and lime zest. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add the chicken to the soup and simmer until just done, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the fettuccine, lime juice, and cilantro, if using. Serve the soup in bowls with a fork and spoon.