Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A colorful and light-tasting salad. If you aren't sure about the mint, feel free to leave it out.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups shredded napa cabbage (Chinese)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, water, peanut butter, chile paste and garlic in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add cabbages, bell pepper, and carrot, and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Stir in the peanuts, cilantro, and mint just before serving.
Use the mint, the mint makes this! It's a great recipe, with interesting flavours and texture, and a huge change from ordinary coleslaw (which I happen to love). Left-overs were not nice though, so make it to use it at once. Thanks Sharlene.
I only had raw peanuts so I blended it into a paste with all the seasonings and then stirfried it a bit. I tossed in the cabbage, put an extra squeeze of lime and few dashes of salt. With a drizzel of sesame oil (no peanut oil). It was so good, I ended up throwing all my cabbage in. Will be eating this all week.
This was scrumptious! I made it like a salad, chopped not shredded the vegetables, and did not have any red cabbage, so omitted that, but did add some chopped Bib lettuce that I had. I also used Vietnamese chili paste without garlic. I doubled the dressing, and marinated chicken breasts in part of it for several hours, grilled them, and chopped and added to the salad. A wonderful, light summer main dish meal! TIP: use the mint and cilantro, the flavor is superb! I will definitely make this frequently, thanks for the recipe!