1/3 Photos of Thai Basil Chicken
Adapted (liberally) from Simply THAI Cooking, this is a favorite in our house, as testified by the badly stained page in my cookbook. Can also sub pork for the chicken. Change vege to suit your taste - green beans are nice instead of bok choy. Prep all ingredients, including the sauces, before starting to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium bok choy, sliced 1-inch wide, whites and greens separated
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded basil
- peanut oil, for stir-fying
- 1Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry onions, peppers, and white part of bok-choy until crisp tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2Add oil to wok if needed and stir-fry chicken, garlic, and pepper flakes until chicken is done. Add sauces in order, stirring between each addition to coat. Add cooked vegetables back and stir to coat.
- 3Add green part of bok choy and basil, stirring just unti hot-crisp, and beginning to wilt. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Basil Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 2074.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: