1/2 Photos of Texas Cheesecake
3 hrs 30 mins
Mark H.'s Note:
This is an award winning recipe I got from the local newspaper. The three-hour cook time includes about 2.5 hours chilling time before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix together crushed chips and melted margarine, then press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Bake 15 minutes at 350.
- 4Beat cream cheese and egg in a food processor or mixing bowl until well blended.
- 5Mix in colby/jack cheese, chilies, garlic powder, and Tabasco sauce.
- 6Pour mixture over crust.
- 7Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 8When cake is done, remove from oven and spread sour cream over cheesecake.
- 9Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan by running a sharp, thin knife around inside rim.
- 10Let cheesecake cool before removing pan ring.
- 11Top with red bell pepper, green onion, and sliced olives.
- 12Refrigerate several hours, then serve with chips or crackers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.2
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.6 mg
- Sodium 470.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 13.4 g