Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Really fast, easy and very versatile. It's delicious too!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- To make glaze: Mix 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Heat sauce on medium high heat and add cornstarch water mixture. Simmer until thickened about 1 minute.
This was a simple recipe to throw together. It was too sweet for me - I will definitely halve the sugar next time and add to taste. I used it in Anniversary Chicken and it worked well. Thanks AprincessMOM for a quick treat. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.