Kittencal's Chinese Lemon Ginger Sauce/Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (I just use the juice of one whole lemon then add in bottled to make 1/2 cup)
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar (for a sweet sauce increase the brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (I just use 1 small envelope of OXO chicken bouillon granules)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a medium saucepan mix all ingredients together until blended; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat whisking vigorously and continuously until bubbly and thickened.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great sauce you’ve made. I have made it several times now. Even used it as a base to make a mandarin orange sauce (Fresh orange or mandarin juice isn't as strong as lemons. You will have to use almost triple the juice and a third of the water to get a nice strong flavor.) Also, side note: I am vegan and this is easily turned vegan by simply using a vegan chicken broth or spice blend and agave for the honey.