Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick grill recipe that my family likes. I have used ground beef and ground turkey and like them both.
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 6 hamburger buns
- tomatoes, slices
- lettuce leaf
- Add the first four ingredients to a large bowl; stir to mix.
- Add the ground beef and mix together.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill for 6-10 minutes on each side until no longer pink or until desired doneness.
- Serve on buns with tomato and lettuce.
- Note: I spread the buns with spicy mustard for extra tanginess.
I tried these tonight, and I will definetly make them again! It's definetly more for an adults taste, our 3 lil girls didnt care to much for them. I really liked the water chestnuts, I liked the whole thing...lol Very tasty, and will make again. Thank you!
I have made & loved so many different burgers that I have said "there really can't be many more variations!" Well NurseDi yours does have a different twist to it and I loved it. The chopped water chestnuts (not chopped too finely) left a nice crunch. They were perfect with the teriaki flavor. Lately I have been using sliced dried garlic and this added to the crunch of the chestnuts. This dried garlic is from an Oriental Super Market and has better flavor than some of the fresh that I can buy at this time of year. I served the burgers with Baking stone fries, a side of sauted button mushrooms and a small green salad - Favorite Saturday night food. Thanks for yet another great burger