Kittencal's Juicy Grilled Teriyaki Hamburgers
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 16mins
- 2 lbs ground beef (or use 1-1/2 pounds beef and 1/2 pound ground pork)
- 1⁄3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 1 onion, chopped (or use 2 green onions, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (can use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup ice water (water that has been left in ice for minimum of 5 minutes)
- 6 toasted buttered hamburger buns
- 6 sliced mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl combine together ground beef with 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, chopped onions, fresh garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; using clean hands mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Just before shaping into patties mix in the ice water if you ice cubes are very small then add them in also (if the mixture seems too moist to shape then add in a little more seasoned breadcrumbs).
- Shape into 6 patties then place on a pan.
- Using middle finger make an indent in the middle of of each burger, this will allow the burger to remain flat and not puff up while cooking.
- Grill or oven-broil until cooked through.
- Place in toasted buns top with sliced mozzarella cheese and other desired toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were so moist and delicious!! I used what I had on hand so I can only imagine how good they would be followed to a "T". I used what little parmesan I could find (the packaged and the dry stuff), jarred garlic, dry onions, soy sauce, a couple of pieces of fresh bread (pulsed in a small chopper - no seasonings added) and 1 small grated "B" potato and only let them sit 2 hours before making them into patties. When I smelled them on the grill I thought I wouldn't like this but boy I was wrong! Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe Kittencal!!
Another great hamburger recipe Kitten! We love both of your burger recipes. This was very tasty and melted in our mouth. I think I needed to put a little more breadcrumbs in because mine was alittle to wet after adding the ice water but they cooked up on the grill just great anyway. We add the potatoes to all our burgers now. Great trick! Thanks again, Kitten!