Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tender, crispy and not overly sweet chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place butter and sugars in mixing bowl, beat with mixer only until fully combined.
- Add baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg, lightly beat until combined, add flour, mix in until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet two inches apart (leave mounded for higher, slightly softer cookies, smooth dough down with back of spoon for flatter, crisper cookies).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes (moving tray back to front half-way through baking) until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack to fully cool.
This is a really easy and good recipe. I followed the recipe as written and then we enjoyed the tender and crispy cookies! (It certainly lived up to its name)...thank you for sharing!