1 hr 10 mins
Comfort food - a protein and complex carb main dish with the flavor of stuffing. Adapted from The Tempeh Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 slices whole wheat bread (approx)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten (or for vegan, use 1/4 cup of stock instead)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional, depending on how salty your stock is)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely ground walnuts (use food processor)
- 1Cut tempeh block in half and simmer in stock with bay leaf for 10 minutes.
- 2Cut or tear bread into cubes to yield 2 cups of packed bread cubes.
- 3Remove tempeh and bay leaf from stock, let tempeh cool.
- 4Pour 3/4 c of the hot stock over the bread cubes to soak.
- 5Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil.
- 6Grate the tempeh, and mix with egg, soaked bread cubes, and sauted onion.
- 7Mix in remaining ingredients.
- 8Pack into greased loaf pan and cover with foil.
- 9Bake at 350 for 30 min., covered and another 10 minute uncovered.
- 10Top with veggie gravy, sauteed mushrooms, dijon mustard, or ketchup.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: