Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
these are dainty melt in your mouth cookies that I have been making for 30 years. please give it a try for your cookie tray or for the older folks with a nice cup of tea.
- 1 cup margarine (solid type at room temp)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Cream the margarine, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla, and zest.
- Beat in well.
- Combine in the flour and the salt.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Drop onto parchment lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Bottom should be browned only.
- Store after completely cooled in an airtight container.
- May also dredge into icing powder and then store if desired.
These were pretty good, not quite what I expected. I didn't use the orange zest, just not my thing. Instead I chopped up 3-4 squares of very good chocolate (Aldi's) and some walnuts, increased the vanilla, added some almond and rum extracts. Andypandy, thanks for sharing . . . Janet
Nice soft texture. I love the orange flavor provided by the zest. I just used the zest of one navel orange and I am not sure it was a full 2 Tbsp. but the flavor still came through. Thanks for sharing!
A five star all the way! A wonderful addition to the holiday tray - and for those times you want to add something special along with coffee or tea when you have guests. Love the addition of the orange zest and the mini chocolate chips. Suspect if one did not have the mini chocolate chips they would still be great! Highly recommend these to any who are looking for holiday cookies. Thank you - another andypandy winner. Made for 'Let's Party' 2009.