Tater tots in muffin pan with eggs--baked in the oven. A great breakfast for kids. Quick, easy and not messy. There is no salt since the potatoes are seasoned. Some like to put A-1 sauce on their potatoes.
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Let the tater tots you are using to set out for a few minutes to soften so you can squish them.
- Grease 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable oil.
- Take 4 or 5 tots place in each cup.
- Mash with pestle or back of spoon to line the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese.
- Press down in bottom of the cup with spoon.
- Place in oven and cook 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and break an egg in each cup.
- Bake 15 minutes until white and yolk are set. It could be 20 minutes.
- Check frequently.
- If you want the yolk to be basted, spoon a little water on top of each yolk.
- Remove from oven.
- Use a heat resistant rubber spatula to loosen edges and bottom of each tater tot cup.
- Serve on serving platter.