Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bake
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped and divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- prepared mustard, to taste (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped (or ketchup)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced dill pickle
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and 1 cup onion, crumbling meat, until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, Velveeta, mustard (I could not get much mustard flavor with the ground mustard, so I added a squeeze of prepared mustard), Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste until cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. or 3-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and bacon. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake additional 10 minutes. Top with tomatoes, pickles and remaining onion. **I have tomato haters, so instead of tomatoes,I drizzled a little ketchup on top. Yield: 12 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I barely tweaked this .... After baking it, I topped it with more cheddar and stuck it back in the oven until completely melted. Also my husband and daughter are extremely picky, so I couldn't top it all off with the onions, tomatoes and pickles. Instead, I just cut up enough for my plate and used dill relish instead of pickles. This meal was a hit!!!