Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great tasty banana bread! This is a regular in our household as it is one of the most popular requests among our vegan friends as well as our kids. :)
- Spray a bread pan with non-stick spray and reheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, spices, and walnuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In the blender blend together margarine, sugars, bananas, soy milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanila.
- Add the blended ingredients to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour batter into the bread pan and bake for at least an hour. Sometimes it may take 5 to 15 minutes longer, so make sure to keep an eye on it.
WOW did we enjoy this! I made it into 3 mini loaves - which took about 35 minutes total baking time. I agree that this is much more dense and definitely more moist (hubby said, "yum, this is gooey, I love it") than your typical "cake-bread like crumb" banana bread. I used white whole wheat flour, light margarine and subbed Stevia for the white sugar - all changes worked remarkably well. I think this will be my new GO-TO recipe for banana bread. Thanks for sharing!!!
great easy recipe! will be making again!
This recipe was included in Book#228608. July 16, 2008 -- Wow! This is the best banana bread I've ever tasted. I made it for a vegan friend of mine, but I'll have to make more because our family finished it off. This bread is very moist and dense, and cuts nicely, without lots of crumbs. The taste has just the right combination of spices; I'd never made a bread before using vinegar (or not using eggs), but this recipe showcases how some vegan recipes can taste better than the standard ones. I'm not a vegetarian, but this recipe is far superior than the recipes I've made before. I used "Sugar in the Raw" for the white sugar; it is not processed and imparts just a little bit of molasses flavor to food. I'm so glad I found this recipe, and thanks for posting it!