Simple Vegan Banana Bread
photo by Timoteo B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. grease a 8x4" loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bananas. mix well (if you want to add choco chips, walnuts, or carob chips, nows the time to do so).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. let cool completly before slicing, if you can wait that long lol.
This is not your average fattening banana bread. The ingredients are simple and it is very quick and easy to make. If you have some extra ripe bananas you need to do something with, this is a decent recipe...so fast and easy! I have made it 3x now. The first time I just added some pecans. The second time I added chocolate chips. The third time, I added walnuts and 1/3 cup chocolate/peanut butter chips. If you wanted it more decadent, you could use 1/2-1 cup of those morsels. I also do not have a normal oven. I use a countertop oven slightly larger than a small toaster oven. So I had to reduce the heat by 25 degrees and reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes. Came out more moist on the inside that way. Oh - and I use 4 LARGE bananas, not regular size. If you use regular size, I would use 5 bananas instead. I'm satisfied enough with this recipe that I have made it 3x and will make it some more. I also like that there is no added oils and it uses whole wheat flour instead of white flour.