Eggless Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1 cup pecans, and or 1 cup golden raisin
- Mash bananas (overripe make the best bread).
- Add oil, vanilla and sugar; mix well.
- Sift flour, salt and soda together and add to banana mixture with walnuts if using.
- Mix until flour is blended in but do not over mix.
- Put into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to rack to cool completely before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from San Diego CA and I just moved to Orem UT with my fiance a few months ago. I am vegan and I like to cook things from scratch without weird expensive substitutes. I dislike fake cheese and am rather addicted to coffee. But I am working on the latter. I do not cook with garlic, onions, or mushrooms as the food is not sattvic rendering it unofferable to Krishna. Outside the house I will sometimes eat these foods though. I am owned by two cute cats. :)