Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from Alma Lee Alexander in Idaho
Make and share this Tasty Cheese Ball recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (approx.)
- cracker (optional)
- In a food processor, blend all the cheeses together until creamy and smooth.
- Add the pepper and garlic salt and mix until blended.
- Form the cheese into a ball and place on a plate covered with wax paper.
- Chill until firm.
- To Serve, press the pecans into the ball and place the ball on the serving try with your favorite crackers.
Wonderful cheese ball! I used sharp cheddar; found it a little tricky to grate the soft Havarti but loved the flavor it added. I don't have a food processor so just mixed very well by hand. Great flavor and texture - thanks for sharing a keeper!
Oh, how I love cheese! This is delish! I used sharp cheddar. I made 1/2 a recipe as a snack for my children and I minus nuts as they don't care for nuts. Ate it with butter crackers and Triscuits new parmesan garlic thin crisps. YUM! :)
Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Event. This was enjoyed by everyone at my New Years Eve get together. Comments on the flavor and texture were overwhelming. I do have to tell you it was a bit of a chore to grate the Havarti, and finally found that the food processor was the ticket on this one, but don't exclude this cheese as it adds a wonderful flavor and texture to this cheese ball. I did make two, one rolled in chopped pecans and the other covered in chopped black olives for those who have sensitivity to nuts, either way was great. Thank You Lavender for a lovely recipe.