Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Tarragon gives it a unique taste that we like better than the usual chicken salads that tend to be somewhat bland.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed into 3/4 inch pieces (see note)
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped small
- 1⁄8 cup celery, chopped small
- Hellmann's mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper
- *Poach the chicken breasts in some chicken stock and fresh herbs (parsley, basil etc.) for added flavor.
- Mix all ingredients and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve on a good whole grain bread or on a bed of lettuce.
- This is a good basic recipe that you could add other things to,such as chopped apples, grapes, walnuts, pecans...whatever you wanted really!
I've always loved tarragon and chicken together. This salad is a perfect combination. I doubled the celery and onions, otherwise made it as written. Thanx for a great lunch! I'll make this again.
This was awesome! I grow tarragon and it was "overgrown" so I had to cut it back. Used fresh tarragon to poach the chicken breasts and dried some in the microwave to add with the mayo, onion & celery. I did add some garlic salt to the water when poaching. Put it all in a wrap! YUM! Only thing is next time I will use a lettuce leaf to line the wrap and add some diced tomatoes! Thanks for this recipe!
Oh this was wonderful. I had it on multi-grain bread with some lettuce for lunch today. I didn't have any celery and used spanish onion. The tarragon really kicks it up a notch. A small amount of garlic powder might be nice next time as well. Thank you for a great lunch solution.