Lemon-Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This sandwich is so good. The tarragon and lemon zest really send it over the top. You can also use a cooked deli chicken instead to make this even faster. From Bon Appetit, August 2001.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 3 breasts
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 12 slices rye bread with seeds
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil.
- Add chicken breasts; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate; cool.
- Mix celery, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, onion, tarragon, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large bowl to blend.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes; stir into mayonnaise mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; chill.).
- Arrange 6 bread slices on work surface.
- Spread with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise.
- Divide salad among bread slices.
- Top each with lettuce and second bread slice.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION