Sour Cream-Tarragon Chicken Salad
The most delectable chicken salad, sweet with tarragon and rich with a sour cream and mayonnaise dressing! And simple!
- Ready In:
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts, poached or baked,then shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Mix together sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Stir in chicken, celery, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours for tastes to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The version I use has 5 cups of cooked shredded chicken, 3/4 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup mayo, 1 whole cup of minced celery, 1/4 cup of minced fresh tarragon, without any need for salt or pepper. The huge amount of celery adds a crunchy, refreshing texture to an already light and smooth flavour. Fabulous at on a hot summer day.Reply
Marvelous! I adore chicken salad, and I adore sour cream, but I'd never put them together before. I used my usual boiled chicken prep for the chicken, and added some extra celery (love celery!). I'll make this again and again...can't wait to try it with fresh tarragon when I get my hands on some. Thanks for sharing!Reply
see 5 more