Cornbread Trifle Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Bake cornbread mix according to package instructions and crumble.
- Combine ranch-style dressing mix,sour cream and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together peppers, onions, tomatoes, pinto beans and corn.
- In a 3-quart salad bowl,layer 1/2 of the cornbread, 1/2 of the vegetables, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the dressing.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Join The Conversation
I have tried something similar to this in the past and it didn't contain bacon. I still loved it so I didn't use bacon now. Only other change I did was use all red pepper since that is what I had. I used red onion and kidney beans and only 2 tomatoes, seeded. I also used a combination Mexican cheese. This was sooo good. My kids hardly touched it and I was thrilled! It means more leftovers for me and this is one time that I'm thrilled with that. Because I didn't use bacon, I wasn't concerned about using mayo and sour cream. I will make this again and again.