Delicious recipe I came up with with few ingredients left in my pantry.
Make and share this Tangy Tuna Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) box rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 10 green olives, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. I use Barilla Whole Wheat Rotini.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop pepper, tomatoes, celery and olives and place in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine miracle whip, ranch dressing, lemon juice, garlic and herbs and mix until blended. *Add more or less spices to taste.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and put in a large bowl. Add vegetables, tuna and Miracle Whip mixture to pasta.
- Mix until well blended. Refrigerate until cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a great pasta salad. I used macaroni, a red bell pepper instead of green, no celery because I didn't have, only black olives and more than requested. The dressing is great. My son wanted this for lunch each day. It was a hit. Thanks seabeewife :) Made for cookbook tag game
What a refreshing recipe! My picky eater DS loved it, along with my DD. I used 3/4 C fat free sour cream instead of the miracle whip, and then mayo for the ranch (didn't have any), and used half a box of orzo for the rotini. Thanks! Made of Spring PAC 2010