Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe on the Nesco website and made it for a dinner party. It turned out really delicious. I used a 7 lb pork loin and the pork stayed moist while cooking in the electric roaster oven and it received good reviews from everyone. It had a tangy and sweet flavor that soaked into the meat quite well. The original recipe was written to be used in an electric roaster oven but I've included regular oven directions too. I would not recommend making this in a crock pot since you won't get the nice crispiness after it bakes.
- 1 (6 -8 lb) pork loin roast, center cut
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- Preheat electric roaster oven to 400.
- Lightly wipe cookwell with cooking oil.
- Add margarine; cover, cook until melted.
- Arrange pork roast in preheated cookwell. Cover; roast 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325ºF.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Remove rack with meat to a heatproof surface.
- Spread mustard mixture over roast.
- Set rack in cookwell.
- Cover; roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- NOTE: You could also make this in a regular oven by following the instructions with a regular roaster pan with cover. Remove the lid to brown during the last half hour of cooking.