Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some peppers I wanted to use up, and this is what happened. This is much easier than it looks.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef (or you can use turkey,or chicken)
- 6 green peppers (or chef's choice of color)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat.
- Drain; return to skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer and stir until water is absorbed.
- Stir salsa and rice into ground beef mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With cooking spray, coat a 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Slice tops off of peppers and remove seeds and membrane.
- Blanch peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes if desired.
- Put peppers into prepared dish.
- Evenly divide ground beef mixture among peppers.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 or until heated through.
- Remove cover.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over peppers.
- Return to oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream on side if desired.