1/1 Photo of Taco Rice
Khandi Howard's Note:
Here is the version of Taco Rice that we have made at our house. It came out of the freezer and tasted better than the day we made it I thought. I also boiled the ground beef. I made it because it was a recipe that my sister-in-law wanted to make when we were cooking together. My family liked it and so did I. I will definitely make this again. Khandi Taco Rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1ASSEMBLY Brown meat and drain.
- 2Combine meat, onion, taco seasoning packe t, cooked rice and tomatoes in saucepan.
- 3Simmer until thick - about 30 minutes.
- 4FREEZING & COOKING Cool, label, and freeze in bags or rigid containers.
- 5Also freeze a ziptop bag with 2 cups of shredded cheese for each meal.
- 6TO SERVE: Thaw completely.
- 7for taco salad, warm over medium heat. Serve with lettuce, taco chips, tomatoes, sour cream and the enclosed cheese. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : I made with Uncle Ben's Rice. My kids rolled it up in warm tortillas to eat. I ate with fat free sour cream and salsa.
- 8It can also be used as a burrito filling.
- 9It was better than I expected.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Rice
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 293.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix