Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fewer servings than others listed.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread into a 9-in. greased pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over the cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Easy and yummy! Great week-night meal to put together in a hurry. I took a few liberties with this to use up some extras in the fridge. I added about 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 can black beans to the meat mixture. And since my pie pan was in use, I baked the quiche in a square 8x8 glass dish. Topped with sour cream and salsa, we were happy...and full! MERP'd for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag.
This recipe is a keeper! I didn't have green peppers so I used jalapeno.