photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups baking biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (optional)
- Brown meat in a skillet; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions.
- Spoon mixture into greased glass 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, beast eggs and milk.
- Add biscuit mix and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on top, sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, pepper, onions, black olives and cheese.
- Also you may want to serve with fresh salsa on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I admit, I'm not a big Bisquick fan but since this recipe utilized it as a crust rather than a topping I wanted to give it a fair try. I made half a recipe & used about a Tablespoon of the seasoning from Recipe #327486 instead of an envelope. The final result is not only pretty, but tastes delicious! It's super easy too. Prepping some veggies while the meat & biscuit layer were cooking was a cinch! :) Thanks for sharing this recipe, Shawn! Made & enjoyed for June's Photo Forum event, Undercover: Pies & Tarts.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.