Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve these "Taco Pockets" with accompaniments: Cut fresh seasonal vegetable pieces and strips, Assorted organic tortillas like blue corn, red corn or black bean prepared mild salsa, for dipping chips and vegetables.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground sirloin or 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup mild taco sauce
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Combine ground meat with onion, garlic, spices, and salt and form 4 patties.
- Pan fry patties in 1 Tbs oil over medium high heat for 7 minutes on each side.
- To make a taco pocket, blister a flour tortilla on a hot griddle pan for 30 seconds on each side.
- Place tortilla on dinner plate and spread surface with 1/4 cup mild taco sauce.
- Pile shredded lettuce, tomatoes and a handful of cheese in center of tortilla.
- Top vegies and cheese with cooked taco burger patty and wrap tortilla up and over patty on all four sides.
- Turn square pouch over and cut from corner to corner, making 2 taco pockets that will not crumble and drip like traditional tacos.
- Serve taco pockets with cut fresh seasonal vegies, assorted tortilla chips and mild salsa for dipping.