Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted salted peanut, finely chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chop tips off the chicken wings; discard.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil (this will save clean-up later).
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer on the tray; salt and pepper them lightly.
- Bake the wings for about 30 minutes until they are just beginning to brown and get crisp.
- While the wings are baking, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and the hot peppers in a small saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring until well blended and spreadable.
- Spoon or brush the peanut sauce generously over the wings.
- Return the wings to the oven for 10- 15 minutes until the sauce is set.
- (Do not allow the sauce to burn.) Remove the wings from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Join The Conversation